UPDATES as of October 2022:
- All travellers must fill in a declaration of health within 24h prior to arrival @ https://afyamsafiri.moh.go.tz/#/
- If you are vaccinated, you do not need a PCR test prior to arrival
- Upon departure, you can do a PCR test in Zanzibar, if needed
- Vaccinated travelers do not need to hold a negative PCR test. The travelers must present valid proof of vaccination with QR code at arrival. The only valid vaccines are those approved by URT and WHO.
- Non-vaccinated travelers must hold a negative PCR test with QR code obtained within 72h prior before departure.
- Not fully or unvaccinated traveler with no negative COVID-19 PCR certificate will be tested at their own cost on arrival in Zanzibar (100 USD). The result will be sent while self-isolated.
- Children age 12 years and below are exempt from both RT PCR and Rapid Antigen Tests requirements.
- UAE: for all AAKIA departing travelers throuh flydubai, Emirates, or Etihad who wish to take a conventional PCR test conducted 24 - 48 hours prior to departure, a fee of 80USD will be payable online via the Zanzibar COVID-19 testing system (zanzibarcovidtesting.co.tz) while those who opt for a rapid PCR test on the day of departure or in less than 24 hours before departure, a fee of 110 USD will be payable. Appointment times are to be fixed online for all rapid PCR test for eligibility and registration at the COVID-19 departure testing booth.
- Zanzibar offers an option for departing travelers to book and pay for Covid PCR test via the Government application: https://zanzibarcovidtesting.co.tz/app/application
- Tests are available to be made at the hotel or a in a nearby centre, 30 minutes drive from the hotel.
- The results will be available on the same application 24h from the time of the sample.
- While the hotel is not responsible for the organization of the PCR testing, we will be happy to assist with any information as well as printing the documents obtained via email following the booking of your appointment.